Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Indexing for fun and (not) profit

I've started indexing Tammy at the Grand Comic Book Database, which is very good for American comics, but chronically short of British titles.

It's a slow process, but by the time I've finished (at some distant point in the future) you'll be able to look up any story or character and find what issues they appeared in.

I'm also planning to do the same for Misty and Jinty.

I encourage any fan of British comics to contribute to this work.

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow GCD indexer, I couldn't agree more! It is places like comics.org and blogs like this that slowly uncover so many riches to be found in old comics.

    I myself have started wading into the UK pool, beginning with Commando. I wish there were more hours in a day to devote to comics!

    Ramon Schenk

    ReplyDelete